Ambanis are back with another blast of Jio launch event and Jio Gigafiber was one of the important products. When the brand is Jio, one can be pretty sure that the cost will be reasonable.
The Jio Gigafiber will be commercially available from 5th September which is also marked to be the 3rd Anniversary of Jio.
But what exactly is Jio Gigafiber and what is it offering? Also, what other announcements did Reliance make? Let’s check out.
Launch Event Takeaways
- Jio is the number one network in India with the largest user base. Earlier it was Airtel then Idea-Vodafone.
- Jio has become the second-largest telecom network in the world which is indeed a proud moment for us.
- The investment cycle of Reliance Jio has been completed now. That means the company will start making profits now. Reliance invested a total amount of 3.5 Lakh Crore Rupees till now.
- Also, Reliance Jio launched 2 important things – the IOT (Internet of Things) and Home broadband.
Internet Of Things (IoT)
Jio is launching various products which will replace your existing home appliances. So, you will get an application on your phone which will control everything in your house. It can be anything like Lights, Fans, Refrigerator, AC, etc. Just tap your screen and you will control your appliances right from your couch.
Jio Gigafiber – 10 Highlights
This is the most attention-seeking deal which is grabbing the eyeballs all over. But what is Gigafiber?
- Broadband service (100 Mbps to 1 Gbps): When the speed was tested, it was really calculated as 1 Gbps at that live moment.
- Costs from Rs 700 to Rs 10,000. Offices and organizations can go with 1 Gbps plans because it will cost more. Otherwise, you can use 100 Mbps plan.
- Free Landline Phone service. You can call anywhere in India. So, there is no need to pay for voice calls separately.
- Jio 4K Set-Top Box. Jio will supply both the Wifi Router and Set-Top Box together.
- Complimentary Jio services which include Free International Video Conferencing, Live TV Channels, Mixed Reality experience (a mixture of AR and VR).
- Console Quality Gaming. Jio has partnered with Microsoft, Tencent, Gameloft, and other providers for an immersive gaming experience. Hence, we can expect PUBG and Xbox on TV now.
- Free Premium Web Services. For instance, Hotstar, Netflix, Amazon Prime, SonyLIV, ErosNow, Hoichoi, AltBalaji, etc.
- Jio First Day First Show: JioFiber Premium Customers will be able to watch New Movies the same day theatres release it. It will be available from mid-2020. I seriously don’t know what they will do for piracy concerns here. For example, if I get the movie on the first day then I might record the screen and upload/sell it somewhere. Let’s hope that Jio does something about this.
- Jiofiber Welcome Offer: Every JioFiber early-adopter who subscribes to the annual JioFiber plan will be getting an HD LED or 4K television with Jio 4K Set Top Box and that too free of cost.
- Jio Postpaid Plus. Every JioFiber customer also has an option to choose Jio Postpaid for their family, with shared-postpaid plans, international roaming, and smartphone upgrades at special rates.
You can refer to this short video to get a glimpse of highlights:
Once again, the Ambani group has given us an unbeatable pool of package which no one in the competition seems to even think of. India has seen a revolution after Jio SIM card with cheap data.
Every village and pocket got a fast Internet. Let’s hope this implementation will be successful and manage to revolutionize the connectivity.
Jio Dhan Dhana Dhan…
Also, I have written about the JioFiber Plans
See you in the next post. Signing off.